Integrated Neuromuscular Myofascial Release for the Lower Quarter
This course is not to be missed by manual medicine practitioners intent on furthering their knowledge and expertise in the field. Only her second time in Australia, we are extremely fortunate to welcome Dr Lisa DeStefano here to teach this course. It is usually taught exclusively at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, where Dr Lisa DeStefano is the Chairperson and Associate Professor of the Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine.
Using an integrated myofascial approach, this course provides an intensive exposure to diagnosis of movement and postural patterns. The fundamentals of myofascial release techniques will be applied to common pain patterns, with an emphasis on “myofascial pain syndromes”.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will:
1) comprehend the basic biomechanical concepts of fascia and connective tissue;
2) be able to develop a working knowledge of the M.A.N. (mechanics, anatomy and neuroanatomy) concept;
3) acquire myofascial release palpatory and myofascial release skills;
4) be able to identify the concepts of inherent motion and their relationship to the myofascial system;
5) have the ability to integrate myofascial release concepts with other manual medicine methods; and
6) will exhibit expanded problem solving skills related to musculoskeletal dysfunction.
Required Text: A syllabus will be provided onsite.
Course times: 9am-5pm both days
Early Bird Tuition: $690, or $620 if enrolling for the Paediatric course too
Full Tuition: $790, or $720 if enrolling for the Paediatric course too
Places Available: 30 places per course
Course Presenter: Lisa DeStefano, D.O.
|Location||Time & Date||Venue|
|Melbourne, VIC||9.00am – 5.00pm, February 15-16, 2019||Australian Shiatsu College, 103 Evans Street, Brunswick|