Exercise Prescription as a Complement to Manual Medicine
This unique course is designed to complement the muscle energy biomechanical model. The exercises taught to assist the participant in developing an individualized exercise program based upon the patient’s biomechanical findings and help to maintain the changes made after manual therapy treatment.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1) recognize the functional anatomical connections of the upper and lower quarter musculature to the proximal trunk and pelvis;
2) understand the concept of neuromuscular imbalance as a contributor to chronic musculoskeletal dysfunction;
3) learn specific functional movement tests for the upper and lower quarter and manual therapy treatment approaches to address each dysfunctional movement pattern;
4) prescribe specific exercises to refine neuromotor control in both the upper and lower quarter; and
5) develop functional movement exercise programs for patients to incorporate into their home self-management program.
Required Text: A syllabus will be provided onsite
Course times: 9am-5pm both days
Early Bird Tuition: $790
Full Tuition: $890
Places Available: 24 places
Course Presenter: Lisa Chase, PT, CFMM, OMPT, Astym Certified
Lisa lectures nationally and internationally and has been an Adjunct Clinical Professor at Michigan State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, since 1998. Additionally, she is the Co-Chair and Co-Developer for the Certification in Functional Manual Medicine at MSU, College of Osteopathic Medicine.
She has been an assistant Instructor for Functional Movement Systems since 2010; and is a published author of several books on aquatic rehabilitation, as well as a published co-author in the British Journal of Sports Medicine.
|Location||Time & Date||Venue|
|Melbourne, VIC||9.00am – 5.00pm, July 26-27, 2019||Australian Shiatsu College, 103 Evans Street, Brunswick|
|Melbourne, VIC||9.00am – 5.00pm, July 28-29, 2019||Australian Shiatsu College, 103 Evans Street, Brunswick|